A traveling performance in an historic building, inspired by stories about food and belonging - both historical and contemporary - from the Five Points and Curtis Park neighborhood of Denver.
RECIPE is the result of a performance and story sharing project developed within the community of Curtis Park and Five Points. Through public story sharing events, interviews, and research, stories were collected from residents and business owners about food and how food shapes our lives, relationships, and experiences of home.
From the Kitchens of Grapefruit Lab + Artibus + Emancipation Theater Company – With support from Denver Arts & Venues IMAGINE 2020 grant.
- Co-Creation, Storytelling and Stage Direction by Grapefruit Lab, Theatre Artibus (Buba Basishvili, Jeannene Bragg, & Meghan Frank), and Emancipation Theatre Company (Jeff Campbell)
- Performed by Buba Basi, Jeannene Bragg, James Brunt, Jeff Campbell, Laura Chavez Slack, Emmanuel “Spirit” Dewberry, Meghan Frank, Adrienne Martin-Fullwood, Mitchell Marquez, Julie Rada, and Lisa Young.
- Stage Management by Wayne Breyer
- Lighting Design by Shannon Johnson
- Sound Design by Kenny Storms
- Scenic Design by INCITE Colorado (Justin Hicks & Katie Webster) and the companies
- Costume Design by Julie Rada